Saturday 19 March 2016

4.5 Kernel running on RPi

Update your RPi to the latest 4.5 Kernel. Simply copy and paste these on your Raspberry Pi. You might need build essentials etc....

  1. sudo apt-get install bc unzip -y
  2. wget https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/archive/rpi-4.5.y.zip
  3. unzip rpi-4.5.y.zip
  4. cd linux-rpi-4.5.y
  5. KERNEL=kernel7
  6. make bcm2709_defconfig
  7. make -j4 zImage modules dtbs
  8. sudo make modules_install
  9. sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/*.dtb /boot/
  10. sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/*.dtb* /boot/overlays/
  11. sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/README /boot/overlays/
  12. sudo scripts/mkknlimg arch/arm/boot/zImage /boot/$KERNEL.img


1 comment:

  1. Hi TheGuru12, apologies for writing here. I didn't find any other way to contact you. I noticed you've created the FAIG IG bot, I'm trying it a bit and it looks quite interesting. I'd like to ask you some questions about it. Would you be able to discuss it? You can reply over an email if you want. This is my email: matteomarongiu.dev@gmail.com
    I'm trying to test the scripts on a demo IG account but I need some indications. After understanding how it works we could discuss with you how to improve it a bit if you're interested. Thanks, Matteo

    ReplyDelete